The dashboard contains a default list of 8 stocks that we give you just to get you started. Default stocks: SPY, QQQ, DIA, IWM, AAPL, GOOG, MSFT, JPM
You can delete any or all of them whenever you want by swiping each row from right to left. Then you can choose your own stocks by searching from the magnifying glass icon on the upper right of the screen. This screen will become your watchlist of the stocks and ETFs you want to see regularly.
Plus, in the "Tips" section at the bottom scrolls right to left, and up and down when you swipe up on the Tips area to expand the Tips Feed.
For the default stocks and any stocks you search and add to your watchlist, we automatically generate an artificial intelligence based "AI Tip" of that stock for you. The AI Tip will give you a current BUY, SELL or AVOID stock suggestion, based on all the graphs and technical data that professional stock advisors use.
The Tips Feed also has investing coaches we call Mentors. They are experienced investors who have successful trading strategies (and are vetted by our Mentor Testing Program). Mentors give you recommendations of what stock price you should get into the stock (ENTRY) and the price target to get out of the stock (EXIT), as well as a Stop Price (STOP) for those times the market turns around and the stock price goes opposite your trade ... it is like setting up a safety net or backstop to protect you from risks you are unwilling to take.
1. Your Profile Icon (upper left) – Touch to access your profile
2. Search (upper right) – Touch to search for a stock
3. Watchlist (center) – A list of stocks you’ve opted to watch
4. Tips (bottom, swipe up to expand) – Tips from both the AI and mentors
5. Home (bottom,1st icon) – Takes you home
6. Services (2nd icon) – Takes you to simple investing tools for you
7. Chat (3rd icon) – A chat room to ask your questions about stocks
8. Notifications (4th icon) – See your updates and app news
9. More icon (5th icon) – List of links to important areas of your app
1. Touch the Search button (magnifying glass icon in the upper right).
2. The Search field will then appear.
3. Enter the name or symbol of the stock you want to search. As you are typing, stocks that match your search terms appear in the list below the Search field.
See this image:
1. To add a stock to your watchlist, touch the circle located on the left side of the stock.
2. You can select multiple stocks to appear on the watchlist without leaving the search screen by tapping on your first stock (the circle will show a checkmark when selected), then go ahead and type a new stock into the search field and tap on the new stock’s circle.
3. Then you can exit the search screen by clicking DONE in the upper right.
See this image:
1. To add a stock to your watchlist, touch the circle to the left of the stock.
2. When you add a stock to your watchlist, it appears at the top of the list.
1. Scroll up and down to see the stocks you add to your watchlist. When the Tips Feed are in the expanded view, you will see your Stocks compressed to the top of your home screen.
However, you can still scroll your stocks right to left and click on any of them to open that stock to see a graph and other capabilities.
2. To view details and a plotted graph for your stock on your watchlist, tap the stock's row.
Anytime you search and add a stock to your watchlist, an AI tip for that stock will appear in the Tips section below. This means any stock you add will give you an artificial intelligence made tip. Click on the stock rows to see daily price graphs for the stocks and a button for you to get a 5-day prediction of this stock's future price target over the next 5 days.
3. You can refresh the screen by swiping down. If you ever have any loading issues, just click and drag the screen down to refresh the screen.
To delete a stock from your watchlist:
1. Touch and drag (swipe left) the stock row you want to delete. A button to delete appears in red on the right.
2. Tap this button. The stock is then deleted from your watchlist forever.
1. Scroll through the tips at the bottom of the dashboard right to left.
2. To see all of the tips in a list, touch the gesture bar and pull up the tips area.
3. In this expanded view of an AI Tip you will see a BUY, SELL, or AVOID badge. This badge is not a button, it is a flag that helps you know that the TradeTips AI has utilized many technical indicators and determined that the stock/ETF is in a position to Buy or Sell (or be cautious when you see avoid).
AVOID just means that if you are in a position of that stock, perhaps you should look at drawing-down or to watch the daily price action closely. If you are not holding ay of that stock and you see Avoid, it is a signal to pause and watch the daily price action for a better entry. In either case … we recommend that you watch for the next definitive Buy or Sell signal to make your more active decisions.
4. The Tip also shows, the stock symbol, company name, the current stock price, and the change in price from yesterday’s close price.
5. The tip displays the stock’s 10 Day, 50 Day and 200 Day Moving Averages.
To learn more about Moving Averages, look at the TradeTips Glossary in the Services section (by clicking the Services icon button on Home screen).
6. The AI Tip also displays a sentiment rating for over 50 financial news services related to the stock market sector that relates to your stock. E.g. A tech stock is a part of the Technology Sector, a medical stock will be part of the Healthcare sector.
To learn more about Stock Market Sectors, look at the TradeTips Dictionary of Trading Terms Service in your profile Services Tab.
7. Sentient analysis gives a rating of news related to your stock. The AI Tip reads the financial news sources and gives an overall score of Very Positive, Positive, Neutral, Negative, and Very Negative.
8. The AI Tip also provides several recent articles that represent the overall sentiment of the many sources that the app has read for you, so you do not have to do all the research.
9. To see more information about a single tip, touch that tip.
To learn more about Moving Averages, look at the TradeTips Glossary in your profile Services Tab.
Note: These options are only available on mentor tips.
· To leave a comment about the tip, touch the comment icon. You’ll move to the next screen with a field where you can type your comment and touch Send when you’re done.
· To save the tip, touch the save icon. The tip is saved to your timeline.
· To like the tip, touch the thumbs up icon.
· To visit the mentor’s profile, touch the ellipsis icon and choose Visit Mentor’s Profile.
· To share the tip, touch the ellipsis icon and choose Share Tip. Options to share via message, email, Facebook, Twitter and more appear.
· To remove a tip from your tips list, touch the ellipsis icon and choose Remove Tip. You will no longer see the tip.
1. In the tips area, touch Filter.
2. Touch AI Tips or Mentor Tips. The tips that match your filter are shown.
TradeTips™ is an app that makes stock market investing easier for average investors. It helps regular people make money by giving them the best signals (or recommendations) about the direction a stock price will most likely go (we call these “Tips”). It is free to get started with the app, but many users subscribe to a premium account to gain the full benefits of subscription accounts (such as automated stock price predictions based on machine learning, allowing the members to add educational investing services provided by our Mentors), and more.
TradeTips helps average investors make money in the stock market by providing a combination of trading suggestions from experienced investors and our accurate homegrown artificial intelligence (AI), which gives our users an edge in the fast-paced stock market. We believe the best way for regular people to make money in the market is to have a working repeatable strategy that gives them reliable results that are fast, clear, and easy to use.
Artificial Intelligence (AI)
We use the same investing algorithms that hedge funds and stock market institutions use to forecast the probable moves in stock prices. These are known calculations in finance circles. These indicators include Relative Strength Index (RSI) and Moving Average Convergence Divergence (MACD), among others. The process of using these algorithms to assess a stock’s potential is called technical analysis.
The app also uses NLP (Natural Language Processing) techniques to automatically pull positive or negative sentiment from many investing-based news services online. Stock prices are often affected by events that are either “good” or “bad” news, which then have an aftereffect on the sentiment of investors who are traditionally driven by greed (to make money) or fear (of losing money). The app will “read” through many more articles more quickly than a human can. TT then will score the news in aggregate to determine if most news that is being published about a stock (and the stock sectors) at any given time is positive or negative.
The combination of all these automated outputs is grouped in an AI Tip, which is a stock recommendation made by our automated system. A user can search for a stock and the TradeTips AI will automatically produce an AI Tip for that stock.
Mentors - The Human Intelligence
Today there are a lot of services that only provide guidance from one advisor. Or there is just too much noise and opinion from users (with their own agendas) in some chat rooms and message boards for an average investor to know what to buy or sell. TradeTips takes great care in curating and vetting the trading advisors on the app. The investing coaches on TradeTips (called Mentors) are there to help you make money, yes you, specifically. TradeTips is set up as a subscriber’s club where our Mentors will work with you to make sure you succeed.
These two capabilities of human strategy (Mentors) and automated answers (AI Tips) makes TradeTips different from other trading apps and we believe the best companion to use side-by-side any popular trading platforms.